· What is Web Hosting?
o Web hosting is the act of renting space, bandwidth through a company so that you may publish your web site online.
o This includes all the files associated with your web site. For instance when your web address is typed into a browser, the web host displays your pages.
· What is Shared Hosting?
o This type of hosting refers to the fact that your site is on one server that hosts multiple site. This means that your site will not be the only one on this specific server.
o Very few sites would actually need the power of a dedicated server, so the shared hosting option provides to be a reliable and fiscally cheap solution.
· Is it true that a good web host will cost me a lot of money each month?
o There is an old saying “you get what you pay for” this still holds true; however there are many quality web host that are reasonably priced. Typically you can expect to pay $10 - $50 a month for up to 1GB of space depending on the company and your specific needs.
· I have been considering hosting my site with a free hosting company, but I’m a little concerned with their reliability. Can you shed some light?
o Never host an ecommerce website with a free hosting service. These services are highly unreliable and could care less if your site goes down. Their main concern is with their advertisers. As long as their ads are up and running, for the most part, they could care less about you and your site.
o In addition, sites hosted with free services look very unprofessional. If you’ve taken the time to get your own web site designed and you own a domain name, it’s not wise to risk your success and host with a free service? It’s just not worth it.
· I’ve been to so many hosting companies and am completely overwhelmed. I have no idea what company to go with. Can you please tell me what I should be looking for in a good host?
o Selecting a quality hosting company can be an intimidating process. Your first consideration should be the company. In your case you’re ahead since you’re looking into a well qualified company (GameSagas, LLC).
§ Do they offer fast connections
· Our server is connected to a Cisco distribution switch at 100Mbit and uplinked to Cisco cores with redundant Gigabit Ethernet connections.
· Network Test Information
o Test IP: 18.104.22.168
o Test Download: http://22.214.171.124/10M.bin
§ Do they have a back-up system in place to protect client’s data in case there is a power outage?
· The New Jersey data center (owned and operated by Fortress Integrated Technologies) provides redundant power systems with an Inline power backup using Liebert UPS system and onsite Caterpillar generator with 4 days of standby fuel.
o In the event of a power outage the power management system stats the generator within seconds and transfers power to the UPS for charging. The Liebert UPS, controls and constantly monitors the quality of power so that all equipment receives 120-volt power, all the time. Moreover the UPS and generators are tested weekly to avoid power disruptions.
o All servers are RAID configured
§ NJ server linked with SATA/SAS RAID 10
§ Do you require clients to make payments in advance?
· We do not require payments in advance, but at the time of purchase we issue an invoice.
· For hosting clients we require first payment for the initial rendering of services.
§ Do you require a long-term contract?
· At GameSagas, LLC we offer multiple payment options.
o Monthly: Contract based on a month to month term
o Annually: Contract for a year of service
· With any plan, a cancellation notice to email@example.com is required 10 days prior to next billing cycle.
§ Do you charge set up fees?
· Currently there are no setup fees on any of our hosting plans.
§ How is their customer support?
· We have multiple support systems set in place to provide the best services to clients.
o Online Support: We have an online ticket system implemented through our billing system which provides access to our sales, technical support and billing departments. Tickets are automatically distributed to staff in the various departments. If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org through your contact email address that we have on file, a ticket will automatically be entered into our support system.
§ This is our recommended means of contact for all departments, as error logs and other information can be copied and pasted in a ticket for quicker resolutions to problems as they occur.
o Phone Support: We provide phone support for all clients and potential clients.
§ Do they provide you with free access to a secure server for order processing?
· All order processing through GameSagas servers are done over a Secure Socket Layer with High-grade AES 256/256-bit Encryption verified by Equifax.
· We also utilize the third party payment gateway, PayPal, to provide extra security and benefit for you the consumer for credit card, check and banking transactions.
§ Do they offer shopping cart software to process your orders?
· Yes we provide processing through our shopping cart located at https://billing.gamesagas.net/cart.php
§ Do they provide you with an online Web Site Manager?
· Yes we provide all customers with access to our Plesk Control panel for web site management. Access is given to the client directly at account setup.
o As a client you have the ability to fully manage your web site files, statistics, mail accounts, applications and database.
o Clients also have the ability to grant access a Domain Administrator for website management.